- Scope and acceptance of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that we collect about you for the purposes of providing you with our products and services we offer.
By using our websites, mobile applications, text messaging programs or through our branded pages or applications on third party social networks (e.g. Facebook) or by giving us your personal data, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not give us any personal data.
We reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Notice to make sure you are aware of any changes and how your personal data may be used.
- Data collected
We may collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, including through:
- Online and electronic interactions with us,
- Offline interactions with us, including via direct marketing campaigns, hard copy registration cards, competition entries and contacts through our consumer services call centres; and
- Your interaction with online targeted content (such as advertisements) that we, or service providers on our behalf, provide to you via third party websites or applications.
- Children’s personal data
We does not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children below the age of 12. If we discovers that it has accidentally collected personal data from a child below 12, it will remove that child’s personal data from its records as soon as reasonably possible. However, we may collect personal data about children below the age of 12 years of age from the parent or custodian directly and therefore with their explicit consent.
- Why we collects personal data and how it uses it
We collects and uses personal data only as necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. We may use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
- Orders– to process and ship your orders and to inform you about the status of your orders. Please note that there are many e-commerce websites that sell our products but that are not controlled or operated by us. We recommend that you read their policies, including on privacy, before making any purchases on those websites.
- Account maintenance– to create and maintain your accounts with us, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with your account.
- Consumer service– to provide you with consumer service, including responses to your inquiries, complaints and general feedback about our products. Consumer service may be provided through various forms of communication, including via email, letter, telephone and online chat features.
- Consumer engagement– to get you more actively engaged with our products and services. This may involve the use or publication of consumer-generated content.
- Personalisation– we may combine personal data about you collected from one source (e.g. a website) with data collected from another source (e.g. an offline event). This provides us with a more complete view of you as a consumer, which, in turn, allows us to serve you better and with greater personalisation, including in respect of the following:
- Websites– to improve and personalise your experience on websites, using data such as account login information, technical computer information, and/or previous website usage information;
- Products– to improve our products, tailor them to your needs and come up with new product ideas. This includes the use of demographic information, consumer profiling information and consumer feedback; and
- Interest-based advertising– to serve you advertisements tailored to your interests.
- Marketing communications– to provide you with marketing communications where you have opted-in to receiving such communications. These can be shared via electronic means (e.g. SMS, emails and online advertising) and via post.
If you opt-in to receiving SMS, your mobile service provider’s policy for receiving SMS will apply, which may be at a fee.
- Social features– to offer you a number of social features, including the following:
- Website community features on a our Site – When you visit a our Site with a community feature and upload or share recipes, pictures, videos, artwork or other content, we may use and display the personal data that you share on such sites.
- Website viral features– Nestlé may use your personal data to offer you website viral features, such as a tell-a-friend program, where you can share certain news, product information, promotions or other content with family and friends. This typically requires the collection and use of personal contact information (e.g. names and emails) so that the selected one-time message/content can be delivered to their recipients.
- Third party social networking– we may use your personal data from when you interact with third party social networking features such as “Facebook Connect” or “Facebook Like”. Other specific purposes – We may use your personal data for other specific business purposes, including to maintain the day-to-day operation and security of our Sites, to conduct demographic studies or audits, and to contact you for consumer research.
- Sharing of personal data by us
We does not share your personal data with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless you have provided specific consent in relation to this.
- Your rights
6.1 Right to opt-out of marketing communications
You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications about us and can do so by:
(a) following the instructions for opt-out in the relevant marketing communication;
(b) if you have an account with us, you may have the option to change your opt-in/opt-out preferences under the relevant edit-account section of the account; or
(c) contacting us.
Please note that even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from us, such as order confirmations and notifications about your account activities (e.g. account confirmations and password changes).